I took my son to Bocas. Because of the airline schedules we had to stop in Panama City, which is a somewhat sad place. With casinos and all the attendant vice.
But arriving in Bocas was like entering a different world altogether. Bright Caribbean pastel colors. No road systems, just small boats and many islands. The locals are apparently all descendants of freed slaves who preferred to stay on the Caribbean side of Panama rather than the Pacific side.
And the surf!!! We took a half hour boat ride to a place called Paunches. Three peaks, two rights and one left. Two local kids and no one else. 6 feet faces, pristine. Crystal clear Caribbean water. And best of all there were nice channels to paddle back out without getting overrun by whitewater. Then it started to rain, and the spot took on this surreal beauty. It was a moment.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades